Integrity Selling® for Medical Device Sales
Medical device sales training has become increasingly competitive. The increasing pressure for cost reduction requires selling to financial buyers in addition to physicians and other healthcare professionals. . New medical device products, increased regulation and price pressure all point to the need for the consistent application of customer-focused selling skills.
In order to respond to the needs of this rapidly changing market, the Integrity Selling® course has been customized for coaching medical device sales people. The universally applicable principles teach skills and attitudes that support a physician and patient-focused culture. Grounded in strong values and ethics, the Integrity Selling® curriculum embodies the following:
- A physician and patient focused selling system - AID,Inc.®
- A simple Behavior Styles® language
- An eight-week follow-up course with accountability for application
- Principles-based content — easily applied by new and tenured representatives
- Learning dynamics that affect attitudes and beliefs about selling
- A structure for marketing integration and field ride evaluation
- An integrated Coaching process
Integrity Selling® is typically led by your in-house facilitators, with extensive DM involvement and support during a structured follow-up course.
Congruence of Knowledge, Skills and Values
Medical device sales requires more than product knowledge. It is also greatly influenced by beliefs and values. Five key dimensions that greatly influence the ability to sell successfully are:
Integrity Selling® helps bring these into congruence, or alignment, through unique learning dynamics and supportive coaching by managers. As a result, achievement drive is released and representatives have more confidence and commitment to do the activities that result in long-term success in medical device sales.
Time Line for Behavior Change
The objective of Integrity Selling® is to support the consistent application of customer-focused selling behaviors, which occurs through time lapse, repetition and positive reinforcement. To support this objective, participants are introduced to the key components of the course in a highly interactive, facilitator-led introductory seminar.
Customer-focused selling behaviors are reinforced through a highly structured follow-up course, led by certified trainers or managers. These one-hour modules can be delivered by teleconference, meeting or blended learning, and account for up to 90% of the benefits of the course.
The AID, Inc.® Selling System
A simple, yet profound element of Integrity Selling® is the AID,Inc.® sales model, which provides a foundation for applying and coaching to a consistent sales process.
AID,Inc.® is like an accordion — it can be compressed for a short call or expanded for application throughout the call continuum.
The Foundation of Integrity Selling®
The foundation of Integrity Selling is a Statement of Values and Ethics that helps define selling as a process of identifying physician and patient needs, filling those needs, and creating value.
- Selling is a mutual exchange of value.
- Selling isn’t something you do to healthcare professionals; it’s something you do for and with them.
- Developing trust and rapport precedes any selling activity.
- Understanding wants or needs should precede attempts to sell.
- Selling techniques give way to values-driven principles.
- Truth, respect, and honesty provide the basis for long-term selling success.
- Ethics and values contribute more to sales success than do techniques or strategies.
- Selling pressure is never exerted by the sales representative. It’s exerted only by healthcare professionals when they want or need to use your products.
- Negotiation is never manipulation. It’s always a strategy to work out problems – when customers want to work them out.
- Closing is a victory for the sales representative, the healthcare professional and the patient.
Contact us for more information.
Integrity Selling®, AID,Inc.®, and Behavior Styles® are registered marks of Integrity Solutions, LLC.
Call Today for Free Information
Want more information?
Please fill out the following form to contact us (*required fields).
Featured Medical Device Clients
- Johnson & Johnson
- Boston Scientific
"The integrity-based philosophy supports our organization's commitment to create value for patients, physicians and our employees."
- Worldwide VP of Sales Force Effectiveness, Medical Device Company
Become a certified facilitator of this process.